HOW TO PREPARE DRYWALL FOR PAINTING
The following steps will help prepare your drywall surface for a beautifully smooth paint finish.
- Start by wiping the wall to remove dust from sanding seams and joints.
- Uniformly seal the surface with a drywall primer before applying your paint.
- Use a synthetic fibre 63 mm (2.5”) paintbrush and a quality 10 to 5 mm roller cover for easier application and increased effectiveness of Denalt products.
- Edge around walls, doors and windows, then immediately use a roller to cover the remaining surface. Before using a roller, it is recommended that you rub it to remove loose fibres and moisten with water to increase paint absorbency.
- Under normal application conditions, 1 coat of primer-sealer and 2 coats of paint are recommended. If a paint colour is very dark, acrylic primer can be tinted the colour of the paint you are using.
See the supreme primer-sealer See the Celestia primer-sealer See the platinum primer-sealer See the pont-masson primer-sealer See the pro max primer-sealer See the pro ultra primer-sealerSee the pure life primer-sealer See the ultima primer-sealer