HOW TO USE PAINTER’S TAPE
Posted by Denalt.ca in PAINT VIEW MORE TIPS & INSPIRATION
- Make sure the surface on which you will be applying the painter’s tape is well prepared, clean, and dry.
- Tear off pieces of tape no longer than your arms. .
- Keeping the tape straight, apply it firmly along the edge and over all gaps and cracks on the surface. Do not stretch the tape.
- With a putty knife, a small scraper, or your nails, remove air bubbles and seal the edge of the tape. Preparing textured surface may require more time.
- Remove the tape at a moderate speed by pulling it back over itself. Grab the tape again no further than 12 inches from the section you are pulling. If the paint is dry, use a utility knife to cut the film before continuing to pull.